Avidyne’s IFD440 provides a plug-n-play touchscreen FMS/GPS/NAV/COM upgrade for GNS-equipped aircraft. Easy to use, easy to install, the IFD440 features all the power and capabilities of a next-generation panel mounted navigator.
Avidyne’s exclusive Hybrid Touch interface, touchscreen with knobs and buttons, allows you access to any page in the system within two clicks, turns or a simple push of a button. When touchscreen can become cumbersome in turbulent weather, knobs and buttons allow you to manage your mission quickly and easily.
The IFD440 when paired with the IFD550 or in any combination, leverages Avidyne’s Byteflight databus architecture for cross-communication. In dual installations, the dual-databus architecture allows pilots to enter the flightplan on the familar QWERTY keyboard of one unit, while viewing the Map on the other.
The QWERTY keyboard automatically appears when an alpha-numeric data field is highlighted, making data entry as familiar to you as your computer or smart phone
Simple Flight Planning
Flight planning has never been more simple. Drop down menus are logically placed to provide easy data entry of airways, exit points, destinations and approach procedures. To make flight planning even easier, the IFD440 can automatically create user-defined waypoints.FMS Preview™ is a powerful flight planning features that allows you to load flight plans by showing you a real-time graphical depiction of each proposed modification in cyan prior to the selection. Visualize a desired waypoint, airway, hold or hold geometry, Direct To, approach, approach transition or any other terminal procedure before selection.The convenient ‘rubber banding’ feature allows you to stretch any leg in the flight plan to easily deviate for weather or to accommodate an amendment from ATC.
Synthetic Vision: Improved situational awareness
All IFDs, including the IFD440, are equipped with Avidyne’s enhanced Synthetic Vision (SVS) for improved situational awareness. Synthetic vision is fully integrated and requires no additional boxes or wires.
Terrain Awareness (SVS-TA) is provided via terrain coloration, providing visual Caution-Warning Alerting System (CAS) alerts and aural alerts terrain hazard awareness and alerting.
Forward Looking Terrain Alerting (FLTA) alerting provides an extra measure of safety by displaying a solid yellow or red impact point based on projected flight path in the event that a collision with terrain is projected. FLTA also provides visual CAS messaging & aural alerting. (Optional on the IFD440)
Standard high, low and grouping symbology is used to clearly depict obstacles on the SVS display. 3D Traffic uses standard traffic symbology with traffic depictions indicating relative threat level by their size and relative altitude and bearing. As traffic draws nearer to you, the traffic symbols grow in size on the IFD.
Airfields are depicted with a METAR-style flag when in field of view. With valid METAR data from your datalink, airfield flags will be color-coded to represent the ceiling and visibility, consistent with the moving map presentation.
WiFi and Bluetooth Connectivity.All IFDs are equipped with WiFi and Bluetooth capabilities. When enabled, the IFD440 easily connects to your iPad and the MK10 wireless keyboard providing pilots a convenient way to remotely operate the IFD system.
- 4.8” Diagonal w/Touch Screen
- Full VGA – 640 x 480 pixels
- 65,535 colors
- Ultrabright sunlight readable w/LED Backlighting
- Width: 6.30” (16.0cm)
- Height: 2.66“ (11.7cm)
- Depth: 11.00“(27.5cm) behind panel including connector
Weight (including tray and connectors)
- IFD440 – 6.88 lb (2.34 kg)
- IFD410 – 5.16 lb (3.99 kg)
- IFD550 – 9.19 lb (4.17 kg)
- IFD540 – 8.79 lb (3.99 kg)
- IFD545 – 7.48 lb (3.39 kg)
- IFD510 – 7.13 lb (3.23 kg)
- 11 – 33VDC
- 4.4A/6.5A Xmit @ 14vdc
- 2.2A/4.0A Xmit @ 28vdc
VHF COM Power Output
- 10 Watts nominal
- Optional 16Watt (for 28vdc installations only)
- DO 160E
- To 50,000 Ft
- -20C to +55C Operating
- +70C Short Term
- TSO-C34e – ILS Glide Slope Receiving Equipment Operating within the Radio Frequency Range of 328.6-335.4 Megahertz (MHz)
- TSO-C36e – Airborne ILS Localizer Receiving Equipment Operating within the Radio Frequency Range of 108-112 Megahertz (MHz)
- TSO-C40c – VOR Receiving Equipment Operating within the Radio Frequency Range of 108-117.95 Megahertz (MHz)
- TSO-C44c – Fuel Flowmeters
- TSO-C110a – Airborne Passive Thunderstorm Detection Equipment
- TSO-C112e – Air Traffic Control Radar Beacon System/Mode Select (ATCRBS/Mode S) Airborne Equipment
- TSO-C113a – Airborne Multipurpose Electronic Display
- TSO-C118 – Traffic Alert and Collision Avoidance System (TCAS) Airborne Equipment, TCAS I
- TSO-C128a – Devices that Prevent Blocked Channels Used in Two-Way Radio Communications Due to Unintentional Transmissions
- TSO-C146d – Stand-Alone Airborne Navigation Equipment Using the Global Positioning System (GPS) Augmented by the Wide Area Augmentation System (WAAS).Airborne Supplemental Navigation Equipment Using the Global Positioning System (GPS) – Gamma 3
- TSO-C147 – Traffic Advisory System (TAS) Airborne Equipment – Class A (Display Functions Only)
- TSO-C157a – Aircraft Flight Information Services – Broadcast (FIS-B) Datalink Systems and Equipment
- TSO-C165 – Electronic Map Display Equipment for Graphical Depiction of Aircraft Position
- TSO-C169a – VHF Radio Communications Transceiver Equipment Operating Within The Radio Frequency Range 117.975 To 137.000 Megahertz – Class C, E, 3 and 5
Satellite Datalink Weather Interface
- Avidyne MLB700/WSI AV-300 Broadcast Datalink Receiver
- GDL69/A XM Broadcast Datalink using Baron Wx Services and XM® Satellite Receiver
- Avidyne TWX670 Tactical Lightning Detection
- L3 WX-500 Stormscope® Weather Mapping Sensor
Wx Radar Systems
- Avidyne SkyTrax600/605/610/615/620/A TAS/AXP322 TIS
- Ryan 9900B/BX TAS
- Honeywell KTA870/KMH880 TAS/IHAS/CAS66A TCAS I
- L3 Skywatch 497 / HP TAS/ 791 TCAS I
- Garmin GTS800/820 TAS/GTS850 TCAS I/ GTX330 TIS
- Avidyne SkyTrax605A/SkyTrax615A/ SkyTrax620A (Traffic)
- Avidyne SkyTrax100B
- Avidyne AXP340, AXP322
- L3 NGT-9000
- FreeFlight RANGR
- Garmin GTX330ES, GTX335, GTX345
- Color-Contoured Terrain Base Map Built in
- Americas Terrain & US Obstacle Data
- International Terrain Data (optional)
406 ELT Interface
- Aviation RS-232
- NMEA 0183
- TSO-C34e, TSO-C36e, TSO-C40c, TSO-C44c, TSO-C110a, TSO-C112e, TSO-C113a, TSO-C118, TSO-C128a, TSO-C146d, TSO-C147, TSO-C157a, TSO-C165, TSO-C169a
Electronic Approach Charts & Airport Diagrams (IFD5XX Only)
- CMax™ – Jeppesen Electronic Airway Manual Charts (IFD540 only)
- European VFR (Bottlang) Charts – optional
Charts, Nav Data, and other software updates are easily field loadable via USB port.